Monday, November 24, 2008

11/25 DVD Releases

If you thought this theatrical weekend was boring, just wait until you see the line up for tomorrow's home video releases.

Fred Claus - Again, a Christmas movie from last year being released on DVD now (because no one would have bought it if it came out in June). This movie could have worked if it was made in one way. That way being that Fred Claus (Santa's Brother) tried to kill Santa, and the movie was as bloody and violent as possible. Much to the dismay of myself and my coworkers the movie isn't like this at all. The things it has going for it though is a very good cast, too bad the poorly thought out script doesn't deliver a worth while film.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

Space Chimps - The chances are very high that you never even heard of this movie because it came out the same day as The Dark Knight and I know (99%) of you guys were all like "ZOMG THE DARK KNIGHT IS THE BEST MOVIEEEEEE EEVERRRRRRRRRRRR BUT I CHANGE FAVORITE MOVIES EVER YEAR SO ITS OKAY" but just so you know this probably isn't worth seeing anyway since it wasn't made by Pixar.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

Hancock - I never saw this movie and frankly I don't really have to since the commercials for the DVD are GIVING AWAY THE ENDING (Amirite?). Plus when I saw the trailer for the first time I called the ending, and I was right. Plus it doesn't help this movie in my case if it was supposed to be a hardcore R rated flick but they turned it into Will Smith brings the family in for rip roaring good time.
VERDICT: RENT IT if you must, I would reccomend the UNRATED cut of the film being released since its closer to what this movie SHOULD have been.

Meet Dave - Must I say anything at all about this Eddie Murphy fiasco?
VERDICT: SKIP IT

No comments: