Wednesday, November 5, 2008

RIP Michael Crichton

Growing up I was one of those kids that was fascinated with dinosaurs. So naturally as a child when Jurassic Park came out, I was ecstatic. Well a few years passed, I started middle school, and discovered a lot of films I liked were based on books (Jurassic Park, 2001, Planet of the Apes). So I read these books.

Michael Crichton was the author of Jurassic Park, and its sequel The Lost World. After I read Jurassic Park, and realized how vastly superior the book was to the film, I began to journey through the rest of his novels. Michael Crichton was a staple in my appreciation for novels, and he was essential in the creation of one of the most technologically advanced movies of its time.

Though many of the adaptations of his works were never as similar to the books as fans could hope, Crichton was still an efficient story teller.

RIP Michael Crichton (1942 - 2008)
Your work in literature and films will never be forgotten.

2008 has not been a good year to famous people, as another great person has been taken.

No comments: