Friday, April 17, 2009

4/17 Releases

17 Again - While I made the call several weeks ago that soon Zach Effron would make the leap into action films (and he will with the recently announced Johnny Quest movie), hopefully this will be the last of these types of movies we see him in.
VERDICT: SKIP IT ANYWAY.

CRANK High Voltage - Fans of the first shouldn't be disappointed with this installment, just go into the theater leaving your thoughts of reality at the door.
VERDICT: SEE IT, if you're a fan

State of Play - This is my pick of the week. If you can only see one movie this weekend, let it be this. Russel Crowe, Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, and Jason Bateman star. Say what you want about Affleck but I like him.
VERDICT: SEE IT!

1 comment:

Trey Irby said...

I love Crank because I believe that there are two type of fun, campy movies. Crank 1 is completely ridiculous, unrealistic, absurd, etc. but it's so amazingly shameless about all of this that it is awesome. And then we have movies that have clear logic holes that just suck at being fun films. Crank 1 is a fun film and I'd imagine the sequel is much the same. I'm super excited.