Thursday, April 23, 2009

4/24 Releases

This is a dull weekend for new releases.

Fighting - More fighting movies made for the teenage audience, throw in just a pinch of philosophy and the kids will be calling it the next Fight Club, like they did for the horrendous Never Back Down (in my home town kids did at least)
VERDICT: SKIP IT

Obsessed - I think basically every year there is an unofficial remake of Fatal Attraction, this year it's called Obsessed. Save yourself the trouble and just rent F.A., I can guarantee it will be a lot better.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

The Soloist - The fact that this movie continues to be pushed back in its release date tells me something, it probably isn't any good. While I wasn't impressed with the trailer when it said it was coming out in November, I REALLY wasn't impressed when I saw the same re-hashed trailer but with April at the end of it. Granted I like Jamie Foxx and RDJ, but this looks like a waste of time.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

I would suggest that if you really want something to do this weekend, I'd go see Crank 2 or rent The Wrestler.

No comments: