Monday, December 1, 2008

12/2 DVD releases

Tomorrow will actually be a very good day for home releases, a lot of really good titles are getting sent on the shelves and some not so good ones.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - If you're like me, and thought the first Chronicles of Narnia was utter trash, you couldn't have been more appalled at the idea of a sequel. This film is really just a repeat of the first movie, but with more of the 'Jesus Kitty' overtones.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Just in time for the remake's release next week comes a 2-disc version of the 1951 classic. If you're reading this dad, I think I know something you'ld like for christmas....
VERDICT: BUY IT

The Longshots - There are about three different stories you can have for a sports movie. 1.Team isn't good, so they get a good coach, team becomes good. 2. Team goes to the championship and wins/loses. 3. A girl/animal wants to play the sport. If you've seen one you've seen them all.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

Step Brothers - I really enjoyed this movie, even though in my opinion Will Farrell's best movies are the ones like Elf and Stranger than Fiction. You can get it in single (rated and unrated) or 2-disc (unrated).
VERDICT: BUY IT

WANTED - Don't listen to what people tell you when they say that this movie was a Matrix clone, though in some aspects it is. Wanted has a certain charisma to it that is seldom found in modern action films. It is at least worth a single viewing if not the purchase.
VERDICT: RENT IT, BUY IT IF ENJOYED

The X-Files: I Want to Believe - Now I've never really seen the X-files tv show (something I intend on doing very soon), but I really enjoyed this movie. I know a lot of fans of the show and they enjoyed it too, so its very possible that you would like it too. That is if you're into X-fileish stuff.
VERDICT: BUY IT

No comments: