Thursday, December 4, 2008

12/5 Theatrical Releases

This weekend sees the release of three movies that I can guarantee won't break any box office numbers.

Cadillac Records - Cadillac Records is best on the true story of Chess records and their rise to power and fame in Chicago in the 1950s and 60s. The film, though loaded to the brim with stars, doesn't show promise from the trailer. If anything the movie looks like more of a waste of time than a good use of it.


The Nobel Son - Nobel Son shows promise to be good, since it has a good cast (better than Cadillac Records in my opinion) and a compelling plot line. The son of a Nobel prize winner is kidnapped on the eve of the father's acceptance of the award. The film is supposed to be a story of revenge and redemption, and the trailers make it look as flashy as a Guy Ritchie picture.


Punisher: War Zone - I have been waiting on this movie for four years, and I'm more excited now than I was then. This movie appears to be the definitive Punisher film and I'm hoping will be one of the more violent movies I've ever seen (which is a stretch since I have Cannibal Holocaust on DVD).


If you want my recommendation on what to see this week, it would be Nobel Son or Punisher: War Zone. But I will be going to see the Punisher kill the hell out of some bad guys, and I'm going to love it.

No comments: