Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Ultimate Christmas movie Marathon, Part 1.

Though I myself am not yet in the spirit of Chirstmas, though some people have been since November 1st. I decided I would compile a list for you of some of my favorite Christmas movies. The blog will be in two parts, one today and one a week from now. I've taken the time to put the movies in order of how well they'll put you in the 'Christmas Spirit'.

1. Batman Returns - Sure the movie has Danny Devito as a torpedo shaped Penguin, but it's still pretty good. I always enjoyed the Burton Batman films and this one even takes place during Christmas! By watching this movie I can gurantee you'll think twice before going to a big city to shop for christmas presents, in fear of being attacked by crazed circus preformers and catwomen.

2. Die Hard - The first installment of the epic action series, if you've forgotten, takes place during Christmas! If there is one thing that John McClain taught us its that we could have our life threatened every 5 minutes, but Christmas will still be there.

3. À l'intérieur (Inside) - Its a safe assumption that few of you have heard of this movie, but I'll tell you this: If you're pregnant, and want to watch a 'christmas' movie. Don't watch this, in fact skip ahead to the next movie while I explain. Inside is a french horror film that takes place on Christmas Eve, in the movie a pregnant woman is being stalked in her own home by a crazed woman who is trying to cut her baby out of her stomach.

4. Bad Santa - This movie is not only one of my favorite Christmas movies, its one of my favorite comedies. Granted the movie is very potty mouthy, its still very good, and almost guranteed to make you wish Christmas was here.

5. Gremlins - This was one of my favorite movies growing up, not because it took place during Christmas, but because it had little funny monsters in it. Out of all the movies I've listed today I would consider this one the best 'Christmas' movie to watch.

There you go, these movies should tidy you over until next week when I reveal the rest of the list, which you should know does contain some actual 'Christmas movies' by you normal people's standards.

No comments: