Monday, February 9, 2009

2/10 DVD Releases

It seems as 2009 continues the length of the DVD releases lists keeps getting longer.

Back to the Future (Parts 1-3) Special Edition - While I'm not fully aware if they will be bundled together in some way, but yes the Back to the Future series is being re-released on dvd in the "Special Edition" format. What is so special about it I don't know, but if you already own them I'd stick with what you got.
VERDICT: SKIP IT, if you already own it.

Blindness - While I haven't seen the movie, and don't really plan on it. It could be worth a viewing.
VERDICT: RENT IT, maybe.

Miracle at St. Anna - There was so much buzz about this movie before it came out, and then when it did no one talked about. I really have no idea what to think. So it's definitely a renter.
VERDICT: RENT IT

My Name is Bruce - Being an Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fan, this is a must see for me.
VERDICT: RENT IT, if you're a fan.

Nights in Rodanthe - We've all seen this movie before. Sorry Richard.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

Soul Men - If you've been following my blogs since the beginning you'll know that I didn't recommend seeing this in theater, and I don't plan on seeing it on video.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

W. - A very good film about our recent ex-president. Conservatives should know that the movie doesn't go out of its way to make fun of Bush, it really makes you feel bad for him in the long run. This is a movie that can be enjoyed by people of any political affiliation.
VERDICT: BUY IT

What Just Happened - I haven't seen this movie, but Robert De Niro playing a producer and Bruce Willis playing a bearded and overweight Bruce Willis seems to be a product for good laughs.
VERDICT: RENT IT

No comments: