Monday, February 16, 2009

2/16 DVD Releases

Body of Lies - I hate to say it, but Ridley Scott has lost his touch. After the boringboringboringboring looooooooooong American Gangster, which could have been really amazing, then this. It's easily confirmed.
VERDICT: RENT IT, if you must

Changeling - Though I have no interest in seeing the movie, a lot of people really seemed to like it. So it should go on your rent list if anything.
VERDICT: RENT IT.

Flash of Genius - No thanks.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

High School Musical 3: Senior Year - If you buy this, and you're a UA student, we need to talk.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People - Simon Pegg is one of the best comic actors we have around now a days, and though I missed this one in the theater I would still like to see it.
VERDICT: RENT IT

The Midnight Meat Train - [Insert your own dirty joke here]. This Clive Barker horror movie was seen by very few, because it was treated like garabge by Lion's Gate, but this is definetly on my buy list.
VERDICT: BUY IT

Quarantine - I didn't like [REC] (the original movie), so I didn't see this since its essentially a shot for shot remake but in english. Like Slumdog Millionaire, I don't think its nearly as good as so many people claim it is.
VERDICT: SKIP IT

Religulous - If you recall this was number 15 on my top 15 of 2008. Its a must see.
VERDICT: BUY IT

No comments: