Thursday, February 5, 2009

2/5 Theatrical Releases

Four new releases this week an surprisingly three of them don't look THAT bad.

Coraline - This is my pick of the week. Coraline is brought to us from the mastermind behind Nightmare Before Christmas, and it looks to be just as good. The story could be better than Nightmare, but that's because I put Neil Gaiman's writing ability above Tim Burtons (by a large margin). Plus the movie is in 3-d, and if that holds up, it could prove to be a very entertaining movie.

He's Just not that into You - The movie doesn't look that bad. Granted I'm curious how they're going to be able to weave all of these A-listers stories together. I'll watch almost anything with Ben Affleck and Scarlett Johansson, so this movie shows promise.

Push - I don't think the movie looks quite as aqful as everyone says "X-men ripoff" is what I keep hearing, but honestly how can you make a movie about people with super powers and not get compated to something like that before. If we're going to use that logic then we're going to have to call things like Heroes and Sky High x-men ripoffs.

The Pink Panther 2 - The only thing that could redeem this movie is Jean Reno, and as much as I hate to admit it I don't even think the Professional can save this movie.

No comments: